Group of Professionals Launch Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association
(St. Louis, Missouri July 9th, 2018) — As a sign of readiness, a professional trade group has organized to support Missouri’s medical cannabis industry. MoCannTrade (Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association) is a Missouri non-profit corporation comprised of professionals from the state legalized cannabis industry and a variety of other relevant industries. Today the association is introducing its Executive and Advisory Boards and debuting its website. Additionally, the association is accepting member inquiries, and will announce an initial wave of cannabis-related industry forums.
“The Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association exists to serve as the voice of business and trade for this quickly emerging industry,” explained Andrew Mullins, MoCannTrade Executive Director. “This November, Missourians will vote on as many as three medical cannabis initiatives on the midterm election ballot. If at least one initiative receives the necessary support, the resulting industry will create greater opportunities and options for Missouri. MoCannTrade is prepared to help establish a safe, successful medical cannabis industry and affiliated trade statewide.” Learn more about the association, its board, the three medical cannabis initiatives, and MoCannTrade membership opportunities and benefits by visiting its website, www.mocanntrade.org.
The website states that the Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association’s mission is to ensure a compliant, safe and successful program implementation by closely supporting stakeholders and state regulators through education, advocacy and responsibility. The association is membership based and is directed by a board of diverse professionals experienced in the medical cannabis, healthcare, law, pharmaceutical, science, agriculture, law enforcement, security, commercial real estate, finance, public affairs and regulatory sectors.
Executives from the only two companies Missouri has licensed to manufacture and dispense medical-grade, cannabis-based CBD oil co-chair the MoCannTrade board: Dr. David Sciortino, Partner of Noah’s Arc Foundation of Missouri and John Curtis, Director of Cultivation, BeLeaf Company. Both pioneering medical cannabis businesses strive to establish high standards in Missouri, remain trusted stewards and advocate for patients, Mullins said.
The MoCannTrade board will govern the association and ensure its mission through the outreach and impact of three priority committees staffed by MoCannTrade board members:
- Industry Education and Compliance Committee
- Healthcare Education and Training Committee
- Business and Trade Planning Committee
“The Missouri Medical Cannabis Trade Association is organized by credentialed individuals who are unique in their space and collectively committed to shepherding in a strong, ethical medical cannabis program,” said John Curtis, MoCannTrade Executive Board Co-Chairman. “The association’s knowledge and experience with best practices in cannabis legal states provides Missouri the expertise to establish a safe, thriving industry.” Curtis added.
“Our board members are making an impact in other cannabis legal states, are vested in ethical patient care and have navigated our state’s legislative and business landscapes. Missourians can trust this group to help guide the state toward a successful, safe and compliant medical cannabis industry,” said Dr. David Sciortino, MoCannTrade Executive Board Co-Chairman.
The following are MoCannTrade’s current Executive and Advisory Board Members (in alphabetical order, by last name). Detailed biographies are featured on the association’s website.
- Darryl Chatman, Attorney, Spencer Fane
- John Curtis, Director of Cultivation, BeLeaf Company
- Scott Gleason (ret.), Security Director, TAG Investigates
- Bernard Heimos, Owner, Heimos Nurseries
- Patricia Hurford, M.D., M.S., Orthopedic Sports Medicine & Spine Care Institute
- Dena Ladd, Executive Director, Missouri Cures
- Derek Mays, VP/Deputy General Counsel
- Jack Mitchell, President, Mitchell Hospitality
- Kyle Ostrom, MD, Internist, Mercy Health
- John Pennington, VP, Broker/Investor, Savoy Properties
- David Sciortino, Partner, Noah’s Arc Foundation of Missouri
- Jerod Thomas, VP, Brewster Alexander Security
- Mimi Vo, MD, Internist, Vo Medical Clinic
- Brett Williams, R. PH, Pharmacist (ret.)
- Ronnie White, Attorney, Greensfelder, Hemker, and Gale, P.C.
- Eric Wolf, Investor Partner, Gateway Extraction
- David Yablonsky, MD, Director of Internal Medicine, Associate Physicians Group
- Chip Sheppard, Attorney, Carnahan, Evans, Cantwell & Brown, P.C. | New Approach Missouri
- Corey Christanell, Partner, Brentwood Capital Partners | Missourians For Patient Care
- Zach Carpenter, General Counsel/Investor, California
- Stephanie Cernicek, Sr. Chemist, BeLeaf Company
- Kevin Reardon, Owner, Advertising Savants
- Jason Strotheide, Owner, Noah’s Arc Foundation of Missouri
- Patrick VanMeter, Investor/Partner, Camo Medical
For more information:
- Membership and Speaker’s Bureau requests, contact Andrew Mullins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-766-0599
- Social: Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter @MoCannTrade
- Media Contact: Cindy Kosydor, 314-302-1841, email@example.com. Please contact Kosydor for more information, interview and booking requests, and needs for digital assets (photos, b-roll), etc.
Back to News Overview