MOCANNTRADE MEMBERSHIP OVERVIEW
Even before the full-throttle launch of Missouri’s medical cannabis industry, MoCannTrade was working to make a difference. The association began in early 2018 with just two members: a pair of St. Louis-area nonprofits given state approval in 2014 to cultivate, manufacture and sell CBD extract to epilepsy patients. By February 2020, just 15 months after Missouri voters overwhelmingly approved medical marijuana, membership now tops 400, including more than 60 percent of those holding state licenses.
Missouri medical cannabis facility licensees now hold something of considerable value. And the value of these licenses can be diminished or enhanced through legislative action, regulatory decisions, in the courts, at the ballot, through local planning and zoning actions, or in a variety of other ways. Protecting and enhancing the value of these licenses is paramount to our association, our members and the Missouri industry’s success. As trusted industry stewards, MoCannTrade has a seat at the table with regulators, law enforcement, state and federal lawmakers (federal via NCIA and ATACH affiliations). MoCannTrade fosters positive relationships in the Capitol, state legislature and with program regulators to ensure sensible policy development and regulation of the Missouri medical cannabis industry.
Our board of directors, advisory board and operating committees boast professionals with decades of experience in Missouri and other cannabis-legal states. They are business owners, healthcare professionals, law enforcement veterans, bankers, real estate brokers, lawyers, security, compliance experts and more. MoCannTrade provides thought leadership, best practices, connections, business fellowship and success by association via our robust board of credible professionals and monthly event programming (member meetups). We also lobby and impact state and local government through the MoCannTrade PAC.
Being a member of MoCannTrade recognizes your investment in our emerging industry and assures your active and valued participation in the successful implementation of Missouri’s medical cannabis program. We have a variety of member levels for licensed facilities as well as non-plant touching, service-provider businesses seeking the benefits of a member-based trade association.
Serve as an informational and educational, member-based association. Be the voice of trade for the Missouri medical cannabis industry.
Represent the interests of medical cannabis stakeholders from industry and government to physicians and patients. Collaborate to create a sustainable program on behalf of providers, communities and patients.
Ensure a responsible and successful medical cannabis industry through the creation and protection of sensible laws, regulations and policies.
- Industry lobbying in the capital to ensure safe, sensible regulations and successful program implementation
- Policy and program guidance to DHSS SMMR on behalf of our members, licensees and stakeholders
- Legislative, regulatory, policy and program impact to protect and enhance the value of facility licenses
- Access to our member’s only business directory, the Yellow Pages of Missouri cannabis
- Free access to our highly popular monthly member meetups hosted in Springfield, Kansas City and St. Louis
- Member discounts to industry events and conferences like MoCannBizCon+Expo
- Business credibility from association membership
- Licensed facility compliance, training and good manufacturing practice resources
- Members-only content (documentation, business planning, training certifications and educational info)
- Member business promotion via MoCannTrade web and social channels
- Participation in our unified Missouri medical cannabis industry voice, 300+ members strong
- A board and staff of over 60 distinguished, credible professionals working on your behalf
- 51 statewide member meetups since November 2018 for over 5,000 attendees
- Free job board listings for all members
- Membership and/or collaboration with key business and industry organizations like: Missouri Municipal League, Municipal League of Metro St. Louis, St. Louis Chamber of Commerce, Missouri Chamber of Commerce, Missouri Hospital Association, Missouri Bankers Association, Missouri Independent Bankers Association, National Cannabis Industry Association, American Trade Association of Cannabis and Hemp, Association of Standards Testing and Measurement