Missouri Cannabis Industry 280E, Tax Prep and Accounting Webinar
A Free To Members MoCann Lunch & Learn
Monday April 3. 12:00pm – 12:45pm
Sponsored by: Smith Patrick PC, Frost PLLC and Avail Pro Serve
The passage of Amendment 3 brought forth an exciting expansion to Missouri’s cannabis industry, it also included a provision to decouple the federal 280E tax code bringing equal tax treatment and more deductions for Missouri cannabis businesses as early as this spring.
This tax change is effective for tax years ending December 31, 2022, so it’s applicable when you file your tax returns in April. MoCann is excited to host a discussion led by our Treasurer and cannabis industry CPA Dave Smith along with cannabis industry tax experts from Frost PLLC and Avail Professional Services. These experts will detail best practices and strategies to maximize your Missouri cannabis business tax returns.
Panel Leader: David Smith | CPA, MBA, CM&AA | Smith Patrick PC
Panelist: Curtis Winer – CPA / CFF, CVA | Frost PLLC
Panelist: Dr. Christopher Dussold | Avail Professional Services
In addition to the above, our tax experts will also cover these important areas of cannabis business accounting:
- How to fight new taxes
- Is entity structure a viable option?
- How to determine the “right” amount of tax
- Cost accounting, percent of completion, overhead allocation
- Where in the supply chain to tax
- How best to allocate expenses
- DOR’s listing of allowable expenses
- Government overreach and current state of audit activity
- State level matters, which states have decoupled from 280E and what does that mean?
- SOPs for cannabis business accounting aka internal controls
30 min of panel discussion
15 min of member Q&A with experts
And whatever zoom lunch or snacks you want to nosh while you learn: )
- Zoom Webinar